The DPSF installer contains the dll (dynamic link library), setup manual / help file (includes tutorials and source code), templates to start from, and
the DPSF Demo solution showing how to create many different particle systems.
Highlights to versions 2.4.1 (XNA 4) - April 13, 2013
- Small maintenance release to fix critical Xbox bug introduced in version 2.3.0 and include new DPSFWinRTAsDrawableGameComponent.dll.
Highlights to versions 2.4.0 (XNA 4) - April 2, 2013
- Got DPSF working properly on Android using MonoGame and added DPSF Demo for Mono for Android project to show DPSF working on Android.
- Got DPSF working properly on WinRT using MonoGame and added DPSF Demo for WinRT project to show DPSF working on WinRT.
- Changed the DefaultSpriteParticleSystem to use BlendState.NonPremultipled by default so that transparency is drawn.
- Added try-catch blocks to prevent DPSF from throwing exceptions when moving app window between monitors.
See the full change log and download older versions of DPSF here, including XNA 3.1 compatible versions.
We Would Appreciate...
- Announce the release of any application that uses DPSF on the DPSF Forums so that others can see how DPSF is being used. Your product may even be featured on XNAParticles.com. This is a form of free advertising for your application, encouraging more people to check it out.
- A mention of DPSF on your product's website along with a link back to XNAParticles.com.
- If you post a video of your product, please mention DPSF in the description, and include "DPSF" in the video keywords so that your video will be found when people search for DPSF.
- Donate any amount that you think is appropriate to DPSF. This will help keep DPSF free and encourage development to continue on it. Any amount helps, no matter how small.